Who are we?
The LGBT+ Democrats of Virginia is the LGBT Caucus of the Democratic Party of Virginia. It was formed in 2009 as the official LGBT+ organization within the Democratic Party of Virginia.
1) Present issues and act as an advocate for LGBT+ persons within the Democratic Party of Virginia.
2) Raise awareness of LGBT+ issues in the Commonwealth and the Democratic Party of Virginia.
3) Encourage the participation of LGBT+ persons in the Democratic Party.
4) Encourage, educate, and finance LGBT+ persons who aspire to public office.
5) Help elect Democratic candidates.
These are the guidlines that provide us the framework to do our work.
Election Officer Information
These are the positions that help steer our primary activities
We are nothing without how we got here. Learn about the history of LGBT+ Activism in Virginia.
HIDE FROM DESKTOP
Your Dream. Our Mission.
We Believe In Hard Work And Dedication
The LGBT+ Community has sacrificed at every moment for the progress we have seen. It’s our duty to remind our community that is was not a passive approach that got us here – it was the hard work of activists and volunteers to led us to progress.What has been started is not finished. We are still fighting for a better future.
meet our amazing team
The Faces Behind our Success
The LGBT+ Democrats of Virginia Executive Board is composed of elected officers to the board. The board governs the affairs of the organization and has the authority to make policy for the organization and to oversee managerial matters.
Board members are elected in March on odd-numbered years.