Virginia Voter Registration Kit
Virginia Voter Registration Kit
Candidate Endorsement Questionnaire
Please complete and submit questionnaire using this form. At the Board's descretion, interviews may be scheduled with candidates prior to making endorsement and contribution decisions.
Candidates who do not return questionnaires may not be considered for endorsement by LGBT Democrats of Virginia
Your answers are "on the record",
Will be circulated
to all members of the Board,
may be shared
outside the organization, and
may be published
to the LGBT Democrats of Virginia website.
Candidate and Campaign Information
Candidate First Name
Candidate Last Name
Campaign Manager First Name
Campaign Manager Last Name
Campaign Manager Phone
Campaign Manager Email
Race and Election Information
Governor of Virginia
Lt. Governor of Virginia
Attorney General of Virginia
Virginia House of Delegates
Commissioner of the Revenue
Circuit Court Clerk
Board of Supervisors, Chair
Board of Supervisors, Member
City Council, Mayor
City Council, Member
School Board, Member
VA Senate District
VA House District
The Office Is
The Candidate is the
Neither, Open Seat
1. Previous Elected Offices Held
2. Are you a member of LGBT Democrats of Virginia (formerly Virginia Partisans)?
When did you join?
3. Have you been endorsed by any LGBT organizations now or in the past?
Please list the LGBT organizations you'be been endorsed by, the year of the endorsement, and what office you were endorsed for.
4. Please let us know if you have ever volunteered with or supported any LGBT organizations. Feel free to include events in which you participated. Please include all groups you feel are pertinent.
Please feel free to attach a separate bio if you feel it will add value to our decision.
Accepted file types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf.
Please articulate your views on
the issues below whether you have or, if elected, would have the ability to vote on the issues.
For those who have held office previously or currently, on each item please note if you have a record on the issue such as having introduced, co-sponsored, co-patroned, signed into law, or voted for legislation in the past and, if not, whether there are policy reasons you have not done so.
1. Tell us about any written non-discrimination policies that include sexual orientation and gender identity that you have or will establish for staff or employees of your campaign or office? If you don't have such policies or plans for such policies, please tell us why.
2. How would you support efforts to ban discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity in employment and housing? Please feel free to discuss any pertinent existing local, state, and federal laws.
3. Please comment on your opinion of "Religious Freedom Bills." Please let us know if you see any reasons to support bills of this type.
Marriage and Partnership
4. How will you support efforts to repeal laws/amendments at any level of government that have been declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of the United States (i.e. Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), and the Marshall-Newman Amendment to the Virginia Constitution)?
5. Tell us about your belief regarding same-sex couples’ rights to marry. Discuss how you would help enforce and/or codify full and equal recognition.
Education and Schools
6. How do you feel about Family Life Education and guidance programs in public schools that offer age-appropriate, non-judgmental information on sexuality, tolerance, sexual orientation, gender identity, sexually transmitted diseases, and contraception?
7. Discuss your feelings about the bullying and harassment of LGBT students because of their real or perceived sexual orientation and/or gender identity. How will you help promote a safer environment in schools for all students?
8. How do you feel about the formation of Gay/Straight Alliance clubs (GSAs) in schools? How could you help promote GSA formation and support in schools?
9. Discuss the adoption of policies in schools (elementary through college) that respect student gender identification, including consideration of reasonable and respectful accommodation in regard to facilities? Please provide your feelings regarding “Bathroom Bills” that have been proposed around the country.
HIV/AIDS Prevention, Testing, and Treatment
10. Tell us how you have in the past or would in the future support public funding for HIV/AIDS prevention, testing, and treatment facilities.
11. What is your opinion of free access to HIV/AIDs testing at jail and prison facilities, and the programs that support and encourage inmates to get tested for HIV/AIDS?
Choice and Contraception
12. Tell us your stance on a woman’s right to choose abortion and to access abortion, birth control, and contraception. Include discussion of any limitations to choice that you may support and why.
13. Discuss how you can commit to support full equality and how important this stance is in your future leadership plans in elected office.
14. How have you advocated for the LGBT community and supported inclusion for the LGBT community in the past (i.e. have you spoken out publicly for policies at your place of business, testified before government bodies, adopted written policies for your employees, marched for equal rights, etc.)?
15. Please use the space below to provide any additional information you would like us to know about your candidacy. This can include polling information, support by various levels of the Democratic Party, etc. Feel free to attach additional documentation as needed.
Public Bio for Website
Thank you for completing this questionnaire. Should you be endorsed, we will add you to our website as an endorsed candidate. Please submit the following to be used on the website.
Candidate Full Name
Photo of Candidate
Please submit a quality photo, preferably a headshot, to be used on the website. Photos should be cropped square, and at least 500px by 500px. Images submitted not cropped will be cropped before being posted to the website.
Please include a brief biography to be published to the website. Please do not provide a link to biography already online, but copy/paste it here if you want to reuse.
Please provide a URL to your contribution page.
Save and Continue Later
Like us on Facebook
View More on Flickr
Paid for and Authorized by LGBT Democrats of Virginia
Website by Comit Strategies